Wow 2019 was really a year of back too back entertainment with hits from the stars and unexpected ones too from the uprising stars, but now we’re in 2020 so heres our own specially analyzed and well structured list of artistes to watch out for this 2020, so here we go.
1. First on our list is Joeboy, Akinfewa-Donus Joseph popularly known by his high school nickname “Joeboy” is a Nigerian Musician of genres Afro-pop and R&B. Joeboy is the first beneficiary for the @mreazi empawaafrica programme.
In March, Joeboy released the easy-listening love song “Baby,” which reached the top 10 of Apple Music’s charts in Nigeria, Uganda and Kenya. Follow-up track “Beginning,” which Beats 1 host Ebro featured in his Discovered segment, hit No. 1 on Apple Music in Nigeria and Uganda. Both tracks are still in the top 10 in Uganda, Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria, with the release of his “Love and Light” Ep and him winning the soundcity MVP award for best pop artiste. So that makes him a hot cake for 2020.
2. The next is Zinoleesky, Oniyide Azeez (born November 21, 1995), better known as Zinoleesky was born and bred in Lagos, Nigeria. He learnt all he knew about music from colleges like Lil frosh and others who motivated him to push on and never give up on his hustle, with hit singles such as popo,fame and joromi. Over the new Marlians record by Naira marley, his part of the first signees so fans are expected too have enough hits from him this 2020.
3. Here we have the Ozana crooner
Hotkid who was born Mashood Adeola
Got his major breakthrough after securing a record deal with Dr Dolor Entertainment, a record label which also saw through Teni Makanaki to the top of the music game, he was signed on 4th of November, 2019 after Dr Dolor came across his impressive cover to Teni’s song, “Case”. However upon joing his new label he went on to release his first official project “Honorable”, the E.P which housed 5 tracks had an impressive turnout and witnessed massive airplay since upon its release. So that’s why his our number 3 and also because of Dr dolors post check it out below.
4. Here we have to all the oxygens, Oxlade by real name Ikuforiji Abdulrahman Olaitan is a Nigerian artiste with his own sound or genre of music which he calls Afro-Fusion and you can say he owes his current career and fame to Blaq Bonez and especially Davido, which he said DM’d him on Instagram inspiring him to continue and after then hit singles like Mamiwata with Blaqbonez, shugar and craze with Afronation and Reekado banks came along, So expect hits 2020.
5. Last on our list is Alpha P by name Princewill Eromosele and youngest on our list but least known by most of you but here’s a shocker because if you know Rema you should know Alpha P because they started together as a duo by name RnA but it seems Rema was more lucky and met Dprince and gave us all he had in 2019 but Alpha P hasn’t yet, but him being signed to Universal Music Nigeria has really pushed him lately with his Ep ” King Of The Wolves” and single Paloma which is getting high rating and streams currently, so Alpha P 2020 is a hit.
So that’s the end of our list, and please don’t be surprised why Rema ain’t on thid list e get reason, lolz so what do you think.